Friday, September 17, 2010

Thursday Review - ACFW Bound - Part Two

It's been an amazing day . . . and I'm exhausted! Those of you who've been to writing conferences know what I mean. It's an "I can't stuff any more knowledge into my brain" sort of tired.

This moring we had the priviledge of learning from James Scott Bell from 8am until 12. I've taken his class twice before, but I learn so much, it all seems brand new. I reviewed his third book on writing, The Art of War for Writiers in my very first Thursday review, if you're curious why I think he's so great.

Then lunch with my newest friends  fellow writers MBT Ponderers. An amazing group of encouraging, praying, talented writers. Several of the group are Genesis finalists so I feel like I have a vested interest in who wins on Sunday evening.

Then, tonight we heard from Tim Downs. He delivered a great keynote. I can hardly wait to gett some of his books to read!

Supper (Jim Bell claimed not to know what "supper" was - said he'd heard of dinner, but not supper - he's from CA, need I say more?) was really good. I can already tell I'm going to eat way too much while I'm here. Tonight their were editor panels and tomorrow night will be agent panels.

Like I said, my mind has turned to mush. Tomorrow my first appointment is with editor Jeff Gerke - I've been practicing my pitch all evening And thanks to my MBT Ponderer friends it's honed to a razor sharp edge.

Tomorrow is packed with appointments, meals and workshops, I miss all my Blue Ridge buddies, but Lisa Carter and I are representing!

I'll be back tomorrow with more updates.
Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

No comments:

Post a Comment