Saturday, October 18, 2014

Never Forget, Beauty is God's Handwriting—A Social Media Image to Share

It's easy to get caught up in the day to day of living life and forget to look up and see what's around us. Since returning home from our trip to Colorado, I've found myself more aware of the beauty in my every day life.

What helps remind you to stop and appreciate what's around you right now?

“Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God’s handwriting—a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower,
and thank God for it as a cup of blessing.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson



Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

I also invite you to use this image any way you like online. Post it to your blog, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anywhere you'd like. All I ask is that you keep it intact, with my website watermark visible.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for these words of truth. I wrote them down in my journal and will practice them in my heart - the heart He write Himself into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially where we love, we forget to notice the beauty. Every so often, something will catch my eye, reminding me of God's handiwork right by home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ane, I'm bad about that. We were so blown away by the beauty in CO that I found myself downplaying what is right here in the Carolinas. Then we took a drive to the Blue Ridge mountains on Thursday and were just as inspired by God's handiwork close to home. Thank for adding your thoughts! Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. Nothing stops me like a field full of randomly placed hayrolls - whether they're shrouded in morning mist, vibrant in the afternoon sunshine, or silhouetted against a sunset, there's something about the scene that causes me to immediately go into praise mode! Not a wonder that fall is my favorite time of year!

    Nice to meet you, Edie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of people say that God doesn't perform miracles anymore. They must live with their eyes closed! His miracles surround us with every smile and in every blade of grass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love nature. It reminds me of how creative God is, and it blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We could have easily been given a world of one color, one texture. I appreciate God's creation of so many beautiful colors and detailed textures. They are reflections of His Light and love in a dark world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful picture. I told my husband this morning, how can people look at the beauty around them, and not see God everywhere?

    ReplyDelete