Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!


The Next Big Thing…we’d all like to hear our book spoken of in those terms. Not likely, but who knows, I might help you find it! 

I’m participating in a blog hop, exposing my readers to some new authors. For those of you who aren’t familiar with a blog hop, it’s a series of posts linked to each other across the web. I’d like to thank Staci Stallings  for tagging me to participate!

In this particular hop, I’m answering ten questions about my latest WIP (Work in Progress). Feel free to post questions and comments!

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:



What is the working title of your book?


Alone

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It came years ago in a dream I had. I got up the next morning and wrote it all down. 



What genre does your book fall under?


Science Fiction.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

 
I’d choose Amanda Seyfried to play Bethany and Chris O’Donnell to play Josiah.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?


Bethany has spent her entire life expecting to die for her faith; now that her world has been invaded she must decide whether she’s willing to live for it.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’m fortunate to be represented by JessicaKirkland from the Blythe Daniels Agency. 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?


This particular book took a while to pull together. The actual writing only took about a year, but I had the idea about twenty-three years ago. I knew I didn’t have the skills to write it at that time, so I waited until I could do it well. And I’m so glad I did!

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I read a lot of the scifi classics, and I’d never compare the caliber of my book to those of the masters. But 

I’ve been told it has the flavor of the Anne McCaffrey Planet Pirate series.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?


As I mentioned above, I dreamed this story. I felt like it was a gift, and I wanted to honor that gift by following through with it.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
 With this book, I’m moving from a strictly non-fiction author and adding fiction to my repertoire. 

Now I invite you to visit these next 5 blogs to meet more authors! They'll be posting their answers to the questions above on December 19.





Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

7 comments:

  1. What a fun interview! Can't wait to hop on over to the other blogs next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Thanks for sharing that, Edie! I can't wait to see what everyone else posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun. Off now to check the other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, fascinating! I love science fiction, so I can't wait to read and influence for you when the time comes for you to be published! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to cross over to fiction writing. Looking forward to hearing more, Edie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and looking forward to doing the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your one sentence synopsis intrigues me. I want to know more! Blog hopping sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete