Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday Review—Writing Season's Greetings from Amelia


Today I'm excited to introduce you to my friend, Naty Matos. Her friendship is one of the reasons I so love social networking. We met online, and even though we haven't yet met in person, she's a good friend. Her new novella, Season's Greetings from Amelia officially launches on December 1, she's agreed to drop by and share the story behind the story. She's also included a special link that allows us to download the ebook early, for only 99 cents. Be sure to leave a comment for her!


Blessings,
Edie


Writing Season’s Greetings from Amelia

In the last three years that I’ve dedicated to writing, most of my stories, although very charged with dramatic and emotional topics, have been issues quite routine in our current society. Part of our daily life, sadly to say, also included a lot of unknowns in the hands of others that could well intended hurt what we value the most.

I’m a student of human behavior. Although my formal education is completed, the desire of understanding human reactions and thought patterns has been a desire of mine. In observing people in real life and on television, I’ve noticed something in common. Even the most despicable human being has an unknown side and his acts correspond with a pain or a lack.

I’ve never worked in a prison, but I’m an avid watcher of criminal shows; not only the fictional ones, but the real ones. If you hear the human stories of those who commit acts against others, there’s always a hidden pain behind their actions. You hear stories of abuse, parental negligence or exposure to illicit activities. Most of the stories start with, when I was a child…

From the spiritual standpoint, understanding the influence of the enemy and our flesh, I can see how humans can be lured to do evil things. But on the same token, the most fascinating thing for me is how God can redeem anyone.
I was reading the story of Jeffrey Dahmer, famous serial killer, who at the end of his life gave his life to Christ and repented of his sins. I knew about all the people he killed and the horrific ways that he did it. Finding out that before his death he found solace and peace for his tortured soul in the arms of Jesus, I believe is reason to hope. He says it all in Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”
So I decided to write a mystery suspense story that presents some of the darkest and brightest aspects of human behavior. Will the characters find redemption? Will they have the courage to face the truth? Will there be time for absolution? That’s for the reader to find out.

Although the novella officially launches this Saturday, December 1rst, you can be one of the first to obtain in for Kindle for only $0.99 here


Naty Matos was born in the city of New York. She grew up in the beautiful Island of Puerto Rico and now lives in the city of Atlanta. 

She holds a Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Psychology with a Minor in Mass Media Communications and a Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling. 

Naty writes Christian fiction and non-fiction. She maintains a blog on Christian Living Topics at www.therisingmuse.com

15 comments:

  1. Thanks, Edie for introducing me to Naty. A very interesting person and loved the concept of her book so I just bought it! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Maty through an online group and have added her blog to my regular daily reading. I'm so glad I got to introduce her! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings, E

      Delete
    2. Thank you Pat, I hope you enjoy it. It was a really fun book to write. Many blessings :)

      Naty

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read her book too! Wow! It's lovely to meet you, Naty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edie! I love the glory Maty gives to God for His far-reaching arm of redemption! Where would we be without Him? What a glorious God we serve as we write to honor and glorify Him. Thank you, Maty for your knack in presenting God's grace to the world! Sincerely, Rene D Aube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like you said, I'm breathing because he allows me to. I'll tell you a little secret, I started writing this story before I came to Christ and after 22 pages my mind was blocked. God was already doing a work in me and would not let me type another letter. Once I understood the purpose he had for me through the gift he had given me, then he allowed me to write this story and it just flowed. We serve an awesome God!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Naty! It's nice meeting you here (thanks, Edie!) and I look forward to checking out your Novella (Congrats!), as well as your blog. I too love criminal shows and studying the human psyche -- can't wait to read Seasons Greetings from Amelia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and nice to meet you too Cathy. I hope that you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a very interesting book. So glad you are introducing Naty on your blog. I hope to read her book (or books) in the future.

    Blessings, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a new release, Naty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to meet you, Naty. Your book sounds like a good read. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ellen, great to meet you as well. I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete