Sunday, May 5, 2024

Masterpiece Moments: Walking & Writing Through Life with Eyes Open


by Edie Melson @EdieMelson

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:23

Sometimes everything comes together—the colors, the lighting & the composition. You don’t have to have fancy equipment to capture a masterpiece. This was snapped in a parking lot with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Capturing beauty isn’t about the equipment, it’s about the attitude.

I see this in life as well. We (or at least I) work hard to orchestrate special times. I plan and prepare and sometimes those times turn out well. But most of the masterpiece moments in my memory aren’t built from the ground up, they’re discovered. 

As a photographer, I’ve learned to capture the moments. 

I always have a camera with me
I always know where the light is
I keep my eyes open

These tips translate to life as well and when I apply them, my writing flows from what God provides. 

I remind myself I never walk alone. My God is always with me.
I always know where He is. Just like the right lighting makes an image special. People & situations viewed in the light of God’s love become precious.
I keep my eyes open for the masterpieces that God orchestrates in my life.

Experiencing life’s beautiful moments isn’t about what we have, it’s an attitude and an awareness that every moment has possibility of becoming a masterpiece. And this way of walking through life will give our writing a depth and connection we wouldn't find, any other way.

TWEETABLE

CLICK to TWEET is throwing an error code again, so here's the original tweet you can copy and paste into social media:

Masterpiece Moments: Walking & #Writing Through Life with Eyes Open from @EdieMelson https://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com/2024/05/masterpiece-moments-walking-writing.html #writerslife

Edie Melson is a woman of faith with ink-stained fingers observing life through the lens of her camera. No matter whether she’s talking to writers, entrepreneurs, or readers, her first advice is always “Find your voice, live your story.” As an author, blogger, and speaker she’s encouraged and challenged audiences across the country and around the world. Her numerous books reflect her passion to help others develop the strength of their God-given gifts and apply them to their lives. Connect with her on her website, through Facebook, Twitter and on Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this writing. It is so true when we look at life as our Almighty God would look at it. We see the beauty that he provides for us. This reminds me of one of my favorite verses Psalm119:18 Open my eyes that I may see the wonderful things in your law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inspiring message. Thank you Edie.

    ReplyDelete