Monday, December 3, 2018

Stay off the Social Media Naughty List with this Fun Quiz


by Edie Melson @EdieMelson

I know, nothing like a pop quiz to get us all in the holiday spirit. But don't click away too soon. This quiz is designed to help you evaluate where you are with building an online platform. 

I hope you enjoy my impromptu quiz. To stay on Santa’s nice list, no cheating allowed. 

Take the quiz first, then look at the answers below.

Rules
I’ve kept it short because we’re all time-challenged right now.
Read each statement and decide whether following it puts you on the NAUGHTY or NICE list.
Give yourself 2 points for each correct answer.

Naughty or Nice Pop Quiz
1. You try to acknowledge those who mention you on social media.

2. You load your social media updates with hashtags—the more the merrier.

3. You avoid sounding like you're lecturing on your blog by using we and I instead of you.

4. You take time to do a quick typo check before you send out an update.

5. You send out updates, but don’t bother with conversations because they’re too time-consuming.

6. You try to reciprocate when someone follows you on Twitter (if they're not a spammer or creepy).

7. You use Edie’s 5 to 1 rule about updates to keep your social media from becoming me focused.

8. You have found your social media sweet spot and are concentrating your effort there instead of trying to do everything.

9. You use images you find online without making sure about copyright because they should be all right to use since they're available to the public.

10. You expect people to share your social media updates, but rarely share things from others.

11. You try to be consistent in the time you spend on social media, keeping it to no more than thirty minutes a day.

12. Social media is overwhelming so you only do it when you have to.

13. You watch your social media numbers like a hawk—frequently checking several times a day to see that they’re growing.

14. You try every new social media network that comes along.

15. You utilize a scheduling program to manage your social media updates.

Scoring
16 points: Perfection!
14-15 points: You’re well on your way to social media success.
11-13 points: You’re headed in the right direction, but it’s time to up your game.
6-10 points: Uh-Oh, you probably need to brush up on some of the basics.
1-5 points: It’s time to spend some time learning how to utilize social media.

Thanks for playing along. Be sure to post your score in the comments section below. I'll do a drawing from those who comment for a $10 Amazon gift card!

Don’t forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

TWEETABLES


Answers:
1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. No

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Yes

9. No

10. No

11. Yes

12. No

13. No

14. No

15. Yes

25 comments:

  1. Love the post! I'm doing my best to be on the nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Edie! What an excellent way to re-package a previous post &/or book.
    Jay Wright
    Anderson, SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite perfection but working hard to get there! Merry Christmas everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I'm working hard to not be on the naughty list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got them all right. Uh, I'm not exactly doing them all but head knowledge counts. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 16....but had a conversation last night about #8. 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Love this! You know me all too well. Looking forward to our online time tomorrow to keep me off the naughty list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great reminder. Thank you for all your great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 24. Did I count wrong?😳 Twelve right. Fun quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got all of them right, but it's only head knowledge because I don't blog. (I used to however)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 28. I must have done this wrong if 16 is perfection, but whatever the metric, I got them all except limiting my social media to 30 minutes. I love it so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edie, you're a good and fun teacher. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edie, you're a good and fun teacher. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete