Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Calm Before the Holiday Storm - a Social Media Image to Share

by Edie Melson @EdieMelson

The holiday season is almost upon us. I love this time from Halloween to New Years, but it can be overwhelming. Without meaning too, I end up playing an almost endless game of catch up, never able to get ahead of my schedule and to-do list. 

And every year, after the holidays are over - I vow to do better when it comes to stress and time management. This year, I'm trying to make good on that promise. I'm deliberately taking time now to develop good habits. I'm also filling my spiritual well. 

I'd like to know what you do to prepare for the stress of the holidays.

"...I pray this winter be gentle and kind - a season of rest from the wheel of the mind..."  John Geddes


Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

I also invite you to use this image any way you like online. Post it to your blog, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anywhere you'd like. All I ask is that you keep it intact, with my website watermark visible.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

5 comments:

  1. I'm working on all my November and December posts now, so I'll have more time then... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer has a good idea, one I'm going to copy! The other things is I've tried to shop throughout the year. As I find things that would be perfect for people, I buy it. I also either shop locally or online. Lastly, we scaled back our list. Our grandkids are at the ages they love to get money and go shopping for themselves after Christmas. So I put th emoney is different size boxes, tossing in some candy, and wrap it up. They tell me they're never sure if I'll change that, but they love the money. Their mama has taught them the value of a dollar and that it goes farther in teh after Christmas sales. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thoughts on the upcoming holidays Edie!

    Trying to think ahead with my blog too. But what a great idea to work now to make the "stressful" holidays less stressful.

    Sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am aleady behind. Am in the middle of a very busy weekend.Started Thursday night and might not stop until Monday, If I choose to attend a city meeting with a dear friend. The temperature fell here; because of that. I am having achy muscles. I have to get ready to go to a writing conference at the end of the month. One less stressor this year is our church's drama ministry is not doing a Christmas play in early December.(Last year, I directed it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few years ago, our family started drawing names, to help some of our kids who have new jobs and limited incomes. We were all skeptical at first but we love it. It's taken much of the stress out of the holidays. We make up for it by buying things for each other throughout the year.

    As for posts, I haven't begun to work on those yet but I need to. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete