Saturday, February 1, 2014

Social Media Image—Snow at Night

by Edie Melson

This past week Greenville SC got it's first snowfall. I took a short walk one night, enjoying the silence. There really isn't anything as quiet as the whisper of snow at night. I took this photo with my digital camera just using the flash.

What's your favorite part of a snowstorm?


Nature is full of genius, full of divinity, so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.
Henry David Thoreau

Share your thoughts in the comment section below. 

I also invite you to use this image any way you like online. Post it to your blog, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anywhere you'd like. All I ask is that you keep it intact, with my website watermark visible.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Edie! I love the peace that comes with snow. People necessarily slow down and enjoy something that's bigger than they are. An unusual occurrence in our world today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Edie! I love the way your camera caught the snowflakes! My favorite part of a snowstorm is the next day, when the snow is blanketed across the earth, white, glistening in the sun, without a mark on it. I call it the "Winter Wonderland" effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alycia, it was one of these happy accidents. I didn't mean to have my flash on when I took the first picture! I love that winter wonderland effect! Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. My granny used to say she loved the snow because it hid all the ugly. I love the day after a snowstorm when the sun comes out and makes the snow give the appearance of an earth covered in diamonds. I love the purity of the snow and knowing each snowflake is different and is not judged by being different. Most of all, I love having enough snow to gather it up and make snow cream with cream, sugar, vanilla, and a touch of salt. Then, we sit around the living room, wrapped in blankets, eating the frozen delight until our lips are numb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you capture that so well! Thanks for sharing your heart. Blessings, E

      Delete