Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend Worship—New Beginnings


Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19


I love New Year’s Day. Not because of the partying and hoopla, but because it marks an end . . . and a beginning. You see, by the time I get to the end of a year, no matter how many good things have happened, I feel dragged down by all the junk that has accumulated.


Those unfulfilled expectations.

The unrealized dreams (usually because I didn’t put in the necessary work). All the people I’ve let down and who’ve let me down.

By the time December gets here, I can generally pull up enough stuff to depress an elephant. And even worse, it’s never a stretch to blame myself for ninety-nine percent of the failures. But January first gives me the opportunity to start over, hopefully a little wiser than the year before. Wiser in my work, my finances, and my relationships.

That’s what God is all about, second chances and new beginnings. He makes a way for us . . . one way or another.

So as this New Year begins, join me in putting away the stuff from last year and resolve to begin again with a new year filled with hope and possibilities!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Thank you for the reminder. ~jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Edie. I love new beginnings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Those unfulfilled expectations." Yes. "The unrealized dreams (usually because I didn’t put in the necessary work)." Yes. "All the people I’ve let down and who’ve let me down." Yes and yes.

    Praise God for new beginnings...and endings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edie, I always enjoy reading your blog but this one really hit home. Excellent! I will share this with our writing group. Goes along with some of our plans we have this year as a group.

    Thanks and happy new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I like fresh starts and another chance to get it right. Comforted that I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete