Friday, September 9, 2016

My Favorite Online Writing Resources & Hangouts

by Edie Melson @EdieMelson

In days gone by, writers looking for others of their ilk were relegated to out-of-the-way coffee shops, pubs, and sidewalk cafes. Not so anymore. Now we have cool blogs and websites on which to congregate. It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted a list of online sites for writers, so today I thought I’d remedy that.

I’m posing my list below, but I’m certain I’m forgetting some or might just not know them all. So I’m really hoping you’ll add places that you’ve found in the comments section below.


My Favorite Online Writing Resources
(in no particular order)
As I said, this is just my list. And this list is made up of the sites I can think of  and/or already have written down. I'm certain I'm missing some valuable sites. Finally, these sites are here because I've found valuable info on them over a significant length of time—but it doesn't mean I agree with everything you'll find on these sites. 

Now it's your turn, what sites would you add to this list?

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

TWEETABLES




16 comments:

  1. Thanks, Edie. There are several here I wasn't aware of. I appreciate your heart for and dedication to helping writers. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie,

    What a great list of resources in this post. Thank you. I would add my blog: The Writing Life which has been around for years and has over 1300 searchable entries (use the tool in the right hand column).

    Terry
    Follow Terry on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, this is a hugely valuable site! You probably don't know it, but through this site you were someone who mentored me as a began my career! I added it to the list above. Blessings, E

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Edie for the feedback. I appreciate being added to your list. Keep up the great work. Terry

      Delete
  3. Great list. I'd add Books & Such's Between the Lines blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnnie, I can't believe I left them off! I'm frequently sharing posts from there. Thanks for reminding me. I added them to the list above! Blessings, E

      Delete
  4. Edie, Thank you for this extensive list. I use many of these sites. Also, thank you for mentioning A3. I like Cecil Murphy's Writer to Writer and Jerry B. Jenkins Jerry's Guild also. I read The Write Conversation every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to add Cec Murphy and Jerry Jenkins also. I recognized some but appreciate the list so I will have more to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherrilynn and Barbara, these are both great sites! As I said, I knew I would miss some. I've added them. Thank you for watching my back! Blessings, E

      Delete
  6. A fantastic one you don't have on the list is Writer Off the Leash: writerofftheleash.blogspot.com It's Michelle Gripe's blog. She's gives great advice, served up on a slab of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ane, Michelle has another of my favorite sites - I can't believe I left her off! Thank you for chiming in! I'm adding her site to the list. Blessings, E

      Delete
  7. Thanks for this list, Edie. I've used Terry Whalin's resources, too.

    BTW--I have a blog which is primarily for aspiring Christian writers, but I do have several published writers who are subscribers. Please check it out when you have time: http://blog4writers.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, this is a great site! I'm definitely adding it to my list. Thank you for reminding me! Blessings, E

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Edie. Blessings to you too.

      Delete
  8. I'd add Kristine Kathryn Rusch's site (http://www.kristinekathrynrusch.com/) for the depth of industry knowledge. She's recently written a great series of posts about the clauses you want (and don't want) in a contract.

    ReplyDelete