by Edie Melson @EdieMelson
As bloggers, we all love to be recognized for excellence. To help make that happen, this year, I’m kicking off a new tradition here on The Write Conversation. (drum roll please)
Excellence in Blogging
The blogs we’re looking to honor are publishing industry blogs that help writers grow and find success. I know, a lot of places already recognize blogs that do a good job. But I think we all look for a little something different when it comes to recognizing a job well done. So here’s how we’re going to approach this.
We’re going to separate blogs into 3 categories
1. Established blogs that continue to show excellence every year.
2. Up and coming blogs that you love and expect to continue to grow.
3. Blogs that connect to readers (fiction or non-fiction), adding value to their lives.
Where are we going to get nominations? That’s where you come in. YOU are going to nominate these blogs. Yes, I do have some favorites. But I’m only one person. You all know of blogs that I’ve never even heard of. So this is your chance to give them a shout-out.
Guidelines for Nomination
Leave all nominations in the comments section below. For the nomination to be valid these are the things that must be included:
- The name and URL of nominated blog
- Which of the 3 categories you’re nominating that blog for. (This one is critical. If you don’t include this, the nomination will NOT be counted.)
- Why you think the blog is valuable.
This is not going to be a popularity contest. Just because a blog gets several nominations won’t guarantee it will win an award. We will take that into account, but it won’t be the sole consideration.
- Yes, you can nominate more than one blog—even more than one in each category.
- No, you may NOT nominate the same blog for multiple categories.
- We can't offer much, but we will provide a winners button for the sidebar of the winning blogs. (It will be revealed with the winners)
- At this point, our plan is to have 3 to 5 winners for each category. That may change due to the number of nominations.
- You may nominate any blog EXCEPT this one. I already know you love this site. Now it's time to recognize others.
- The judges prefer to remain anonymous, but are part of the blogging team here at The Write Conversation.
How long will the contest run? We will close nominations next Monday (January 12) at midnight EST. Remember, all comments on this blog are moderated after a post has been up for 24 hours. You can still nominate blogs, but I will have to physically approve the comment (and I promise I will do so in a timely fashion).
We will announce the winners on Monday, January 19. If your blog is a winner, you will need to email me to get a special blog button to display in your sidebar.
Don't forget to join the conversation!
Give your favorite blog a shout-out - nominate it for the Blogging Excellence award - via @EdieMelson (Click to Tweet)
Nominate Your Favorite Blogs (as a reader & as a writer) for Recognition! - via @EdieMelson (Click to Tweet)