Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Don't Miss Writers Advance! Boot Camp


It seems like three quarters of the advice we hear as writers has to do with marketing, sales and platform. The reasons for this are myriad, but the biggest is that most of us struggle in this area. It tends to be way outside our comfort zone. But all this focus on social networking can also lead us astray, in time management and priorities.

It’s critical that we recognize the need to grow in our craft…to learn to write better!

So how do we do that? One of the best ways is to attend a writing conference. But with all the choices out there, how do we choose the one that best fits our circumstances?

I have my favorites, of course. And one I highly recommend is Writers Advance! Boot Camp. This is a smaller, regional conference. But it is specifically mirrored after the larger conferences to give attendees the chance to learn in a less intimidating environment. And a big conference can be intimidating, especially to a writer just starting out.

I’m sharing about Boot Camp today because last year this event sold out early, and I want to make sure you have the opportunity to take advantage of this great conference. It’s not a long one, but director Cindy Sproles makes certain there’s not a minute wasted.

Add to that it’s location—at The Cove, The Billy Graham Training Center, smack dab in the Blue Ridge Mountains and you have the makings of an amazing change to forward your career.

Cindy has enlisted top-notch faculty, with keynotes from Steven James and Mike Dellosso. There will be also be editors and agents present for you to meet with and take classes from. I’ll be there too, giving you the latest on social media.

Don’t let the name fool you, Writers Advance isn’t an experience level, it’s a battle cry. So whatever your experience, this could be the conference you’re looking for.

Here are the details:

Date: February 21-23, 2014
Cost: $175—this is the ALL INCLUSIVE price, including lodging, meals, and conference fee.

I would never recommend a conference that I didn't feel offered the highest standard of faculty and facilities. I personally attended this conference as a conferee well before I came on board as a part of the faculty.

If you've had the opportunity to attend Boot Camp, I'd love to hear from you. Leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to join the conversation,
Blessings,
Edie

10 comments:

  1. Edie,
    This will be my fourth Writer's Advance Boot Camp, and I can't wait. The first conference I attended helped launch my writing career, and subsequent ones have honed my skills, expanded my vision, and connected me with people who have taken me to new levels of experience and influence. Unquestionably, Boot Camp is the single greatest tool God has used to open doors for writing, reading, and speaking. I can't wait to see what he does through next year's conference. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would miss you if you weren't there this year!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info, Edie. It sounds heavenly. I'm thinking ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That's me in that picture! :) And that conversation with Yvonne Lehman landed me with an agent. So yes, I highly recommend Writer's Advance Boot Camp. I will be there again this year as an editor. However, I've also sat under the teaching of most of this year's faculty and will vouch for the quality of the instruction. I also agree with Edie that one can never stop improving on the craft of writing. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait to spend some time with you this year!

      Delete
  4. I have been looking at attending. Where do you recommend we stay off site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a recommendation for staying off-site. It's MUCH less expensive to stay on site unless you have a friend in town.

      Delete
  5. This conference changed my life...FOR SURE! Hope to be there again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writers Advance Boot Camp was the first writing conference I ever attended. I had been dipping my toe testing the writing waters. God used workshop instructors and other writers to give me the push I needed to jump in and learn to swim. I highly recommend this conference. And you DO want to stay at The Cove. The food and accommodations are impecable.

    ReplyDelete