Are you ready to hear some more reasons why Blue Ridge was so outstanding this year? Let’s get to it.
6. Ridgecrest’s campus. Now with their construction completed, you can get from the wonderful accommodations at Mt. Laurel all the way to the dining hall on level surfaces with elevator rides in between. While I’m all for exercise, those of us with bad knees sure did appreciate the improved routes from place to place. No more excuses of “there are too many hills.”
7. Downtime at the right time. While you may not initially think that downtime is important at a conference, once you’re there, you realize you need a little time to absorb all that’s happening. And, since much of the allotted downtime happens in the evenings, there are wonderful opportunities to sit with others, compare notes, drink Starbucks coffee and enjoy conversations with other conferees and the faculty in a relaxed atmosphere. Your dilemma of where to sit is between the rocking chairs or sofas. Tough call.
8. Reasonably priced critiques available. This is huge. If you pay someone to critique your manuscript, screen play or magazine articles, you cannot find prices with so much value as you can at Blue Ridge. The faculty offers their services for a reasonable $30. Outside of Blue Ridge, you could get into the hundreds of dollars for the first 40 pages of your novel. And, you automatically get an appointment with that faculty member to go over your critique. What a value and what a service!
9. Contests. How best to learn if your writing is hitting the mark than by winning a contest? There are so many categories to enter and the judging is by qualified, professional authors. Winning a Blue Ridge contest is a great addition to your professional resume. And the awards ceremony is stellar.
10. Faculty talent show. Need I say more? To get to sing along with and laugh at, I mean, with the faculty? Besides the award banquet, the talent show is a high light of Blue Ridge.
So, are you feeling the love? Once you go, you understand how special a place Blue Ridge is. MARK YOUR CALENDER NOW! Next year the conference dates are May 20 -24, 2012. Go to Blue Ridge and learn more and sign up. Or save your pennies and dimes. Can’t wait to see you there.
Grace and peace,