Grammar Snobs are Great Big Meanies
A Guide to Language for Fun & Spite
by June Casagrande
I’m in love with this title and I think I would have bought the book just to have it on my shelf. And if you think the title’s great, wait until you read the chapter titles. Here are a few of my favorites:
- The Sexy Mistake—“To Lay” versus “To Lie”
- Snobbery Up With Which You Should Not Put—Prepositions
- Is That a Dangler in Your Memo or Are You Just Glad to See Me?
- R U Uptite?—Shortcuts in the Digital Age and the Meanies Who Hate Them
- The Silence of the Linguists—Double Possessives and Possessives with Gerunds
- Grammar Snobs Make Good Prison Brides
I’d love to know where you go when you need help with grammar. So chime in and let’s learn from each other.
Don't forget to join the conversation!