Sunday, February 5, 2017

The God Who Sees Me

by Danetta Kellar @DanettaKellar

You are the God who sees me. Genesis 16:13

He watched me as I wrote notes to Him in my first Bible. My seven-year-old hands formed those letters big and loopy, hoping He would like the words I chose. They were my first love notes.

He leaned near and chuckled as I wrote an essay in third grade for the President. It was about a jellybean’s journey from the factory all the way to the Big Guy’s desk in the Oval Office. The President at that time had a weakness for jellybeans. God smiled as I won that competition and received my very own letter from the Commander-in-Chief.

God cried with me over the words I wrote in secret as a nine year old when the ones who should have protected me hurt me instead.

God read the angry words smattered across the pages of my first journal as I poured out my fear and confusion, desperation and disappointment when my teenage heart was broken by my first love.

God cheered over the words I wrote as a young adult, when I found the power to forgive and heal, grow and serve.

God smiled and nodded as I used written words to draw vivid mental pictures of my village in Africa when I wrote to the folks back home who were praying for me.

God saw me as I wrote my way through all the seasons of my life, finding solace in words. My great God saw me every step of the way, every written word. He saw Himself in me. He is the Great Wordsmith, the One who made the world with His words, and imbued words with the power to encourage a broken soul. He is the One who gave me the ability to write. It pleases Him that I share His love for words.

We write for the God who sees us.

He has seen you in every season of your journey. He stands beside as you labor over your words, trying to find just the right ones to express His heart. He imparts wisdom as you obey Him and refuse to give up. He fills your pen with grace and truth so those who read your words may know He sent them. It pleases Him that you share His love for words.

Be encouraged, dear writer of words. He is the God who sees you.

Lord, fill me with your words as I obey you today and write. Make my words like worship to you. Amen.

TWEETABLE
We write for the God who sees us - @DanettaKellar on @EdieMelson (Click to Tweet)

Danetta Kellar is a writer, blogger, and speaker. Her interesting life has taken her around the globe, where she has had the privilege to witness firsthand the transformation of women from all walks of life and culture as they exchange lies for the Truth found in Christ. 

Her writing flows out of this rich experience and her own continual search for treasures in life’s darkness. Connect with Danetta online through her blog, Riches Out of Darkness, and on Facebook, or Twitter. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post and the reminder that God sees what we write. I want Him to use the words I pen. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you've touched me with your words. I love your heart for Him, and the way you express it. I know it's true that He is still watching you, and smiling as you write for Him. Thank you, Danetta, for your continued encouragement. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It pleases Him that you share His love for words."
    Wonderful post - thank you for sharing this look at your writing journey and His ever-present place in it. This greatly encouraged me!

    ReplyDelete