Sunday, December 6, 2015

10 Things Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer Taught Me about Following God’s Path

by Edie Melson @EdieMelson

I love all the Christmas specials that come around every year during the holidays, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has always been one of my favorites. I identify with his lack of self-confidence, his heart for his friends and especially his gumption when Santa called on him to step up and guide the sleigh that night. 

And it occurs to me that, as believers, there are a lot of valuable lessons in this holiday tale. 
What I learned about following God’s path from Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer:
1. We’re all born with a special gift. 

2. At some point we all feel like that special gift is a curse.

3. Hiding who we really are brings out the bullies and naysayers.

4. We all need time to mature into our gift.

5. Trying to live up to the image of who others think we should be won’t bring anything but trouble and heartache.

6. True friends will see beyond our differences and embrace the essence of who we are.

7. We’re given that special gift for a reason and a purpose.

8. Running away from who we are doesn’t ever solve anything.

9. There will come a time when you have to decide to work within your gift, not around it.

And the best lesson of all . . . 
10. Being who God meant you to be will bless others as much as you.

How about you? Care to share something you’ve learned from an unlikely source? Be sure to share your thoughts below in the comments section.

3 comments:

  1. I love Rudolph also. I think of Clarice, Rudolph's best friend and love interest. I learned from her...when life gets you down, there's always tomorrow for dreams to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I love #10, the best lesson of all. A good Rudolph lesson is not to let others decide our path. I also love when he remarks how his nose is terrible but Clarice (the comforter) says - "that's what makes it so grand" . . ! I like that our differences make us grand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great lessons and so true. I like all of the points! This made me smile!

    ReplyDelete