by Edie Melson @EdieMelson
Facebook is making more changes, #SocialMediaexpert @EdieMelson shares how they affect you (Click to Tweet)
If you use a scheduling program, like Hootsuite or Buffer, you probably received a fairly technical email last week warning of Facebook changes.
It went through the changes that Facebook has made regarding Facebook groups and to personal profiles.
These FB changes only affect scheduling posts for FB groups. This will NOT affect scheduling any posts for professional pages or your regular newsfeed.
But there are additional changes that will affect personal profiles.
What Exactly are the Facebook Changes?
- The only way you’ll be able to schedule a post to a FB group is if you are one of the group’s administrator.
- You will NOT be able to see the group’s comment feed in a column on Hootsuite.
- You will no longer be able to see the newsfeed from your personal profile. (You can still schedule posts to your personal profile, you just won’t be able to interact with them anywhere except on Facebook.)
- Facebook will no longer allow you to see personal information when you search for something, like hashtags. Only professional page information will show up.
These changes are the latest from Facebook, but don’t expect these to be the last. Facebook is doing everything possible to keep all interactions in the Facebook site, instead of through third-party apps, like Hootsuite and Buffer.
At the same time, Facebook is still making it difficult for users to interact because of the fact that the Edgerank algorithm is limiting the posts users see.
So expect more confusing and conflicting rules from Facebook. As irritating as this network can be, there are still valuable connections to be made here.
How I’m Going to Be Using Facebook Moving forward
- I’m going to continue to use my personal profile to interact with professional contacts. This is what works best for my situation. If you’re curious how I’m doing this, here’s a blog post about adding a follow button to your personal profile.
- I’m going to continue to schedule my FB posts from Hootsuite.
- Since I can no longer see my FB personal newsfeed on Hootsuite, I will be checking my FB newsfeed about three to four times a day to answer comments and interact.
Now it’s your turn. What questions do you have about the most recent FB changes. What tips do you have to interact effectively on FB?
Don’t forget to join the conversation!
Announcing the Winners from Friday's post. The following people need to contact me to find out what you won. Email me at ediegmelson (at) gmail (dot) com.
Mary Ann Benedetto
Cary Lynn Lewis
Susan J Reinhardt
More Facebook Changes & affects on Scheduling Programs – via #SocialMedia expert @EdieMelson (Click to Tweet)