Saturday, October 19, 2013

Social Media Image—How Do Living and Writing Intersect in Your World?


Writing is a filter for my life, probably yours as well. That's why this quote from Thoreau resonated with me. So how do living and writing intersect in your world?

How vain is it to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live... Henry David Thoreau
Share your answers in the comment section below. 

I also invite you to use this image any way you like online. Post it to your blog, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anywhere you'd like. All I ask is that you keep it intact, with my website watermark visible.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your "gifts." I always download them to be used. Have a blessed day.
    Marge Hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjorie, I'm so glad you're able to use them! Thanks so much, Blessings, E

      Delete
  2. I love it, Edie! I will use it also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, thanks for stopping by, Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Edie. This is always a question I am asking when I conduct author interviews! I've gleaned golden nuggets from Tim Shoemaker, Cec Murphey, Joyce M.Hostetter, and many others.
    Not that we should stop for every call from our kids (ex. "Will you help me find the T.V. remote?) Reasonable boundaries need to be set in place. However, people and relationships are far more important than any of my writing. Being fully engaged in the moments we have with others makes life savory.
    It takes discipline to make myself sit down and write and discipline to know when to stop. I try my best to work when my family is working at something else or when they're sleeping. When it is family time, I don't want to miss it.
    Intentionally living a fully engaged life brings a sincere richness to the writing later. And if it doesn't improve my writing, well, I'm still much richer from the experience and the blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love being challenged to live more intentionally and I agree - it's NEVER wasted! Blessings, E

      Delete
  4. What a great question and wonderful quote from Thoreau! If I really dig down deep, I have to confess there are times when I'm too busy writing to live. And in other seasons, I'm too busy living to find time to write! It's challenging to find a healthy balance. I tend to swing back and forth from one extreme to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarissa, I'm like you, swinging back and forth. But I"m always learning - thanks so much for sharing! Blessings, E

      Delete