Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday Review—Blogs and Online Resources for Writers


In this era we tend to be bombarded by all the information online. Today I’d like to give you a list of some of my favorite places to visit on the web. These are sites that I read regularly—places and people who have good content—delivered in a way that doesn’t use up my valuable time.


Blogs:

I also follow a lot of folks on Twitter and a good way to find new people to follow is to go to someone’s Twitter page and follow the folks they follow. But to save you the trip, here’s a short list my favorites. Sincere apologies to anyone I’ve left off my favorites list!
People to Follow on Twitter:
  • @adgansky – Aaron Gansky
  • @susanstilwell - Susan Stilwell
  • @kikoloni – Kristi Hines
  • @writersdigest – Writers Digest Magazine
  • @Alton Gansky - Director of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference
  • @novelistjack – Jack Cavanaugh
  • @thebudgetmaven - Allison Martin
  • @copyblogger – Brian Clark
  • @ticewrites - Carol Tice from Make a Living Writing
  • @jrvogt – Josh Vogt
  • @stacysjenson - Stacy Jenson
  • @rachelhauck - Rachel Hauck
  • @michellelim24 - Michelle Lim
  • @bethvogt – Beth Vogt
  • @elizabethscraig – Elizabeth S Craig
  • @susanmaywarren – Susan May Warren
  • @novelrocket - Gina Holmes from Novel Rocket
  • @anemulligan – Ane Mulligan
  • @michaelhyatt – Michael Hyatt
  • @marydemuth – Mary DeMuth
  • @rachelhauck – Rachel Hauck
  • @rachellegardiner – Rachelle Gardiner
  • @jamesscottbell – James Scott Bell
  • @grammargirl – Mignon Fogerty
  • @eddiesnipes – Eddie Snipes
  • @juliatomiak - Julia Tomiak
  • @donmaass - Donald Maass
  • @debbiemaxallen - Debbie Maxwell Allen

Online groups to join/visit:

I know this isn't an exhaustive list, far from it. But it's a start. Now I'd like to hear from you. What are some of your go-to sites on the Internet?

And don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie



20 comments:

  1. An update on the ACFW ezine, Afictionado: it went to paper and ink this month (April 2012). It is now the ACFW Journal and is currently published quarterly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of links and resources! Can't believe I didn't know Cec Murphey was doing a writing blog. Added to my daily reading...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the site recommendations, especially Seth Godin & Cec Murphy. Their short, pithy posts are at the top of my Reader.

    And I'm honored by the Twitter shout-out! I've learned a lot from YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list! Can't wait to check out the ones that I'm not familiar with.

    One of my favorites that didn't make your list is Jeff Goins (www.goinswriter.com). Lots of great advice and inspiration for writers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Edie. I've bookmarked this page for future reference. You Da Greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I'm thankful for the link to Jack Cavanaugh's site. I have a soft spot in my heart for him because it was his novel writing class in 2004 that launched me on my journey!

    But you just couldn't resist giving me social media homework could you? LOL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Edie! As a busy mom, I'm happy to have this list of valuable resources. I'm particularly interested in the blog titled "Writing While the Rice Boils" - sounds very familiar. And I am honored that you shared my Twitter handle on your favorites list; most of what I do on Twitter comes from your advice! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Thanks for all of these. I visit the Writers Alley every weekday. (http://thewritersalleys.blogspot.com) It has posts by 10 different pre-pubbed authors who give lots of great writing advice. It's a fun community.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking whom to follow in twitter. Now I know. Thank you very much for making my work easier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list! Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge. I'm always amazed/impressed with the value of your tweet links. One question: How do you find time to follow all of those blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edie, thank you for this list! You really help me out as a friend first, and writer second! Some of my favorite writing blogs are, The Write Conversatio, (wonder who that one belongs to?) and Word Serve Literary. Thank you! I just love you my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great information. Thanks for sharing these wonderful resources!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great resource, Edie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great list of resources! Thanks for sharing them (and thanks for including me--I'm honored!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for your comments. Please accept my apologies for not responding before now. I've been with sporadic Internet and it's been a trial to try to get everything done I've needed to. Thank you again for dropping by and for adding to the list! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love discovering new spots to visit. And I'm so honored to be part of the list! Thanks so much for putting this together, Edie!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete