A word of warning here, it’s possible to let these two tools eat into your writing time. For myself, the way I combat that temptation is to schedule my networking time. Many of you have asked how I schedule my day so now is as good a time as any to share it with you. Now, please know that I am NOT an organized person, but this loose arrangement of my day helps me to stay sane in the insane world of freelance writing.
- 8-9 I answer email (I have two accounts). I check my blog for comments and I check my Facebook and twitter pages. I use this hour to get connected.
- 9-11:30 I write articles or things that are directly linked to bringing in money
- 11:30-12 I answer any emails and phone calls that have come in and again check FB, Twitter and my blog
- 12-1 lunch
- 1-3 I work on proposals, queries, fiction and things not directly linked to a paycheck
- 3:30-4 I again check email, phone messages, FB, Twitter and my blog
- Then, before I go to bed I again check email, FB, Twitter and my blog
Have you found a schedule or way of doing things that helps you cope? Share it with us – I can always use the help!
Don’t forget to join the conversation,